UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Monday-Friday – 8:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday-Sunday – CLOSED
Desert Dunes Animal Hospital is a full-service hospital providing a broad spectrum of procedures and surgeries. Our entire staff is committed to quality veterinary care throughout the life of your pet and quality client satisfaction to you, the pet owner.
March 23rd, 2020
We strive to keep our staff & clients safe and healthy while navigating the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
March 18th, 2020
Desert Dunes Animal Hospital is now taking extra precautions as The Coachella Valley deals with the growing threat of The Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Starting immediately, we will only see emergency cases in our hospital.
- Our hours will be Monday thru Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Saturday and Sunday we will be closed.
- We are asking if our clients are sick, that they have a healthy family member or friend bring their pet in for the visit.
- When scheduling appointments please limit one person to bring your pet to the hospital.
- You are welcome to wait in the car and call us when you arrive. We can text you or come and get you when we are ready to see your pet. Otherwise, please keep a safe distance in the lobby. We can also make arrangements to meet you at your car and our staff will bring your pet into the hospital for care. We can discuss your pet’s needs with our hospital staff, over the phone, as you wait in your car.
AFTER HOURS OPTIONS
- After hours until 10:00 pm you can call our Emergency Line and speak with one of our trained veterinary assistants – (442) 400-0197
- After 10:00 pm please call VCA Valley Animal Medical Center Emergency Hospital – (760) 342-4711
FOOD, MEDICATIONS & HOME DELIVERY
- We are open to sell food or medications and we are happy to bring your purchase to your car.
- If our clients are home sick and need food or medications, they can arrange for shipping on our website under “Shop” which is through Vetsource. If necessary, we can also drop off food or medicine at your home.
We appreciate your help as we strive to keep our clients, animals and staff safe and healthy. As always, feel free to call with any questions you may have. It is our pleasure to serve our clients, their animal companions and our community. To schedule an appointment call (760) 345-8227.
March 16th, 2020
Health officials across the U.S. remain on high alert due to COVID-19 and as a veterinarian I know there are many concerns regarding the coronavirus.
We would like to ensure our clients that we are open for business and doubling our efforts at Desert Dunes Animal Hospital to keep all workplaces clean, safe and healthy. We also have travel restrictions in place for all of our staff.
At this stage there is no evidence that dogs can play a role in the spread of this human disease, or that they can become sick. However, this is a good opportunity to remember all the things we can do to keep ourselves, our staff and our clients and their animal companions safe from this disease.
We would like to enact a “No Handshake Policy” for anyone coming into our veterinary hospital. Please cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Hand washing is always best but we will also have hand sanitizer as long as it is available. We would appreciate that you reschedule your appointment if you are sick.
For responsible pet owners, preparing in advance is key. Make sure you have an emergency kit prepared, with at least two weeks’ worth of your pet’s food and any needed medications. Usually, we think about emergency kits like this in terms of what might be needed for evacuation, but it’s also good to have one prepared in case of quarantine or self-isolation when you cannot leave your home.
Information regarding the COVID-19 is subject to change as the situation evolves therefore, I recommend following information put out by The CDC and The AVMA:
- CDC – Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- AVMA – American Veterinary Association:
All of us at Desert Dunes Animal Hospital appreciate our relationship with our clients and their animal companions. If we can answer any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
I wish you and your families much health and safety in the coming months.
Dr. Eric Jackman, DVM
At Desert Dunes Animal Hospital, we are committed to giving quality veterinary care. Please see the type of appointments that we offer to help you in scheduling the appropriate appointment for your pets.